Sponsored Links
Canada Immigration

Canada Express Entry Visa: Apply for Permanent Residence Through Express Entry


Is Express Entry The Same As A Permanent Residency?

Express Entry is a system that manages applications for permanent residency through three main immigration programs.

How to Apply for Canada Permanent Residence

Note that you can only apply for permanent residence through Express Entry if you’ve received an invitation to apply. Click here to apply for Express Entry first.

Once you have your invitation to apply

It is important to note that your Express Entry invitation to apply is valid for 60 days only. You should start filling out the online form immediately so that you can get all the information and documents you need before your invitation expires.

Follow these steps to fill out the online form:

When filling out the form:

  • Make sure you submit all of the required documents.
  • All of your answers must be complete and true.
  • Make sure all the mandatory fields are completed, or you won’t be able to submit your application.
  • You can save your information on the form and go back as often as you need to.

Documents Needed for application for Canada Permanent Residence

If you got an invitation to apply, you’ll need to upload copies of the documents you used for your profile.

  • a passport or travel document
  • language test results
  • proof of Canadian education or an educational credential assessment report for immigration purposes if
    • you’re applying through the Federal Skilled Workers Program, or
    • you want to get points for the education you got outside Canada
  • provincial nomination (if you have one)
  • written job offer from an employer in Canada (if you have one), proof of work experience, certificate of qualification in a trade occupation issued by a Canadian province or territory (if you have one)
  • proof of funds

Additionally, Most applicants will also need to upload the following:

  • police certificates
  • medical exams
  • proof of funds
  • birth certificate
    • required if you’re declaring dependent children
  • use of a representative form (PDF, 137 KB)
    • required if you’ve hired a representative
  • common-law union form (PDF, 2.22 MB)
    • required if you’ve declared your marital status as “common-law”
  • marriage certificate
    • required if you’ve declared your marital status as “married”
  • divorce certificate and legal separation agreement
    • required if you’ve declared your marital status as “divorced”
  • death certificate
    • required if you’ve declared your marital status as “widowed”
  • adoption certificate
    • required when a dependent child is listed as “adopted”
Sponsored Links

Leave a Reply

Back to top button