Are you a Nigerian with a passion for serving your country and ensuring the safety of your fellow citizens? The Nigeria Police Force is inviting interested and qualified candidates to register online for admission into the prestigious 10th Regular Course Cadet Degree Programme. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the admission requirements, application process, and key details to help you secure your spot in the Nigeria Police Academy.
To be eligible for admission into the Academy, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality and Identity:
- Be of Nigerian origin by birth and possess a National Identity Number (NIN).
- Educational Qualifications:
- Obtain a JAMB result (2023 only) with a minimum of 180 marks, selecting Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil as the first choice.
- Possess a minimum of 6 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WAEC/NECO or its equivalent, including credits in English and Mathematics.
- Age Requirement:
- Be aged between 17-21 years by 31st October, 2023.
- Physical Fitness:
- Be medically, physically, and psychologically fit.
- Meet height requirements: not less than 1.67m for males and 1.64m for females.
- Have a chest measurement of not less than 86cm (34 inches) for males.
- Marital Status:
- Not be married or pregnant at the time of admission.
- Contact Information:
- Have a valid email address and phone number.
- Educational Documents:
- Only accept SSCE (WAEC/NECO) Statements of Results or certificates from 2019 onwards.
The application process is virtual and involves the following steps:
- Visit the Academy’s official website: https://admission.polac.edu.ng/.
- Generate a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code for payment of the non-refundable fee (N3,500) through any commercial bank branch in Nigeria.
- Complete the online form and upload scanned copies of SSCE results, birth certificate, and state of origin certificate.
- Print out completed online forms and guarantor forms for submission during the physical screening.
An automated physical screening exercise will take place at the Nigeria Police Academy on a date communicated in due course. Successful candidates will proceed to the next stages, including a Computer Based Test (CBT), Automated Medical Screening Exercise, and Automated Interview/Selection Exercise.
Assurance of Transparency:
The Acting Inspector-General of Police, IGP Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun, Ph.D., NPM, assures that the entire process will be conducted transparently and accountably. He emphasizes caution against online impostors and scammers, pledging to arrest and prosecute anyone found attempting to defraud applicants.
Embark on a journey of service, honor, and education by applying to join the 10th Regular Course Cadet Degree Programme at the Nigeria Police Academy. Follow the outlined steps diligently, and rest assured that the process will be in line with the highest standards of integrity and fairness. We wish you the best in your pursuit of becoming an Assistant Superintendent of Police II in the esteemed Nigeria Police Force.